Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: vérification
verification (plural verifications)
- The act of verifying.
- The state of being verified.
- Confirmation; authentication.
- The detective needs verification of your whereabouts last night.
- (law) A formal phrase used in concluding a plea, to denote confirmation by evidence.
- (mathematics) The operation of testing the equation of a problem, to see whether it truly expresses the conditions of the problem.
the act of verifying
legal: confirmation by evidence