Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: confirmâtion
- (General American) IPA(key): /kɑnfɚˈmeɪʃən/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /kɒnfəˈmeɪʃən/
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
- Hyphenation US: con‧fir‧ma‧tion, UK: con‧firm‧a‧tion
- An official indicator that things will happen as planned.
- We will send you a written confirmation of your hotel booking.
- A verification that something is true or has happened.
- The announcement in the newspaper was a confirmation of my suspicions.
- A ceremony of sealing and conscious acknowledgement of the faith in many Christian churches, typically around the ages of 14 to 18; considered a sacrament in some churches, including Catholicism, but not in most Protestant churches.
Christian ceremony or sacrament
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
confirmation f (plural confirmations)
- confirmation (all senses)