Jump to navigation Jump to search
From Italian vermicelli, plural of vermicello (“little worm”), from verme (“worm”), from Latin vermis + -cello (“diminutive suffix”).
vermicelli (usually uncountable, plural vermicellis)
- Long, slender pasta, similar to spaghetti, only thinner.
- Any type of long, thin noodles, as in rice vermicelli.
- (UK) Chocolate sprinkles.
- → Irish: veirmisilí
long, slender pasta
vermicelli m pl
- plural of vermicello
vermicelli m (plural vermicellis)
- vermicelli (long, slender pasta)
- Synonym: aletria
- English terms borrowed from Italian
- English terms derived from Italian
- English terms derived from Latin
- English lemmas
- English nouns
- English uncountable nouns
- English countable nouns
- British English
- Italian 4-syllable words
- Italian terms with IPA pronunciation
- Rhymes:Italian/ɛlli/4 syllables
- Italian non-lemma forms
- Italian noun forms
- Portuguese lemmas
- Portuguese nouns
- Portuguese countable nouns
- Portuguese masculine nouns