See also: Vitals
vitals pl (plural only)
- (plural only) Those organs of the body that are essential for life.
- (plural only, figuratively) Those parts of a system without which it cannot function.
- (medicine, plural only) Vital signs.
- 1827 Ann Hasseltine Judson - An account of the American Baptist mission to the Burman empire
- they were ripped open from the lowest to the highest extremity of the stomach, and their vitals and part of their bowels were hanging out
- 2003 David R Woodward - Trial by Friendship: Anglo-American Relations, 1917-1918
- This final victory can only be had by reaching the vitals of Germany and by destroying her armed forces.
- 1991 Suzy Szasz - Living With It: Why You Don't Have to Be Healthy to Be Happy
- At least once an hour a nurse came into the room, either to check on me or my roommate, or to take vitals