Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /voʊˈkeɪʃən/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /vəʊˈkeɪʃən/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: vo‧ca‧tion
- An inclination to undertake a certain kind of work, especially a religious career; often in response to a perceived summons; a calling.
- An occupation for which a person is suited, trained or qualified.
occupation for which a person is suited
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
vocation f (plural vocations)
- “vocation” in Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).