Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /voʊˈkeɪʃən/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /vəʊˈkeɪʃən/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: vo‧ca‧tion
- An inclination to undertake a certain kind of work, especially a religious career; often in response to a perceived summons; a calling.
- (Can we add an example for this sense?)
- An occupation for which a person is suited, trained or qualified.
- Nursing is a vocation, which many people find horrendous.
occupation for which a person is suited
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
vocation f (plural vocations)
- “vocation”, in Trésor de la langue française informatisé [Digitized Treasury of the French Language], 2012.