Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Vulgate
vulgate (plural vulgates)
- To publish, spread, promulgate to the people.
1844, The Quarterly Review, volume 73:
- Ordinary and vulgated sources will usually give all that is needed for a broad outline
1844, Colburn's United Service Magazine, volume 1:
- we have seen this in the way in which the affair of Capri has been everywhere vulgated, amid endless perversion and distortion
vulgate f (plural vulgates)
- Common and widespread popular saying
- “vulgate” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
- plural of