- IPA(key): /ɪˈdɪʃən/
- (weak vowel merger) IPA(key): /əˈdɪʃən/
- Rhymes: -ɪʃən
- Homophone: addition (weak vowel merger)
edition (plural editions)
- (publishing) A written work edited and published, as by a certain editor or in a certain manner.
- The whole number of copies of a work printed and published at one time.
- The first edition was soon sold.
- (sports) A particular instance of an event.
- The 2014 edition of the Tour de France started in Leeds, Yorkshire.
- For quotations using this term, see Citations:edition.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for edition in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text
- Genitive singular form of editio.