edition (plural editions)
- A literary work edited and published, as by a certain editor or in a certain manner.
- The whole number of copies of a work printed and published at one time.
The first edition was soon sold.
- (sports) A particular instance of an event.
The 2014 edition of the Tour de France started in Leeds, Yorkshire.
- For usage examples of this term, see Citations:edition.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
- Genitive singular form of editio.