Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: water spout
waterspout (plural waterspouts)
- a tornado that occurs over a body of water
- a channel through which water is discharged, especially from the gutters of a roof
- water tornado
- 1922, Katherine Mansfield, At The Bay 
- Stanley turned over on his back and kicked with his legs till he was a living waterspout.
tornado that occurs over a body of water
channel through which water is discharged
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.