Jump to navigation Jump to search
whitewashing (plural whitewashings)
- The application of whitewash.
- (figuratively) The effacement of errors or bad actions.
- 2007 July 15, “The Nixonian Whitewash, Scrubbed”, in New York Times:
- The institution insulted history by peddling ludicrous whitewashings — describing the Watergate criminal conspiracy as a “coup” by Nixon’s political rivals fed by fake scoops purchased by the Woodstein investigative duo at The Washington Post.
- (derogatory) The revisionist portrayal of something as to over-favor the Caucasian/white populaces.
- (effacement): blackwashing