work in progress
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (uncountable) Work that has been commenced, but is not complete.
- All the efforts to make a New Man are still work in progress.
- (countable) A project that has been commenced but is not complete.
- Reorganizing my office is a work in progress.
- (uncountable, accounting) A portion of inventory that represents goods which are no longer salable as raw materials, but not yet salable as finished goods, work in process.
- Work in progress has dramatically declined due to reduced production cycle times.
- Often used as an apology for something not meeting some kind of standard of completeness or perfection.
accounting: value of unfinished goods
Translations to be checked