work in progress
Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: work-in-progress
- work-in-progress (adjective)
- (uncountable) Work that has been started, but is not complete.
- All the efforts to make a New Man are still work in progress.
- (countable) A project that has been started but is not complete.
- Reorganizing my office is a work in progress.
- 2018 November 3, Phil McNulty, “Arsenal 1 - 1 Liverpool”, in BBC Sport:
- They remain a work in progress but in a match many felt would see the new Arsenal's flaws exposed, Emery and his players can regard this as a highly satisfactory result and performance.
- (uncountable, accounting) A portion of inventory that represents goods which are no longer salable as raw materials, but not yet salable as finished goods, work in process.
- Work in progress has dramatically declined due to reduced production cycle times.
- Often used as an apology for something not meeting a standard of completeness or perfection.
- This online dictionary is a work in progress.
accounting: value of unfinished goods
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked