work in progress
See also: work-in-progress
- (uncountable) Work that has been started, but is not complete.
- All the efforts to make a New Man are still work in progress.
- (countable) A project that has been started but is not complete.
- Reorganizing my office is a work in progress.
- (uncountable, accounting) A portion of inventory that represents goods which are no longer salable as raw materials, but not yet salable as finished goods, work in process.
- Work in progress has dramatically declined due to reduced production cycle times.
- Often used as an apology for something not meeting some kind of standard of completeness or perfection.
accounting: value of unfinished goods
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked