Jump to navigation Jump to search
inventory (plural inventories)
- (operations) The stock of an item on hand at a particular location or business.
- Due to an undersized inventory at the Boston outlet, customers had to travel to Providence to find the item.
- (operations) A detailed list of all of the items on hand.
- The inventory included several items that one wouldn't normally think to find at a cheese shop.
- (operations) The process of producing or updating such a list.
- This month's inventory took nearly three days.
- (role-playing games) A space containing the items available to a character for immediate use.
- You can't get through the underground tunnel if there are more than three items in your inventory.
- See also Thesaurus:list
stock of an item on hand at a particular location or business
detailed list of all of the items on hand
process of producing or updating such a list
- (transitive, operations) To take stock of the resources or items on hand; to produce an inventory.
- The main job of the night shift was to inventory the store, and restock when necessary.
to take stock of the resources or items on hand; to produce an inventory