Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -ɔpi
- Hyphenation: xa‧ro‧pe
Borrowed from Arabic شَرَاب (šarāb, “a drink, beverage, wine, coffee, syrup”), from شَرِبَ (šariba, “to drink”).
xarope m (plural xaropes)
- (by extension, Brazil, colloquial) a food or drink that is too sweet
- (Brazil, colloquial) homemade remedy; tisane
- Synonym: tisana
- (Brazil, colloquial) laxative
- Synonym: laxante
- (Brazil, figurative, colloquial) bore (something dull or uninteresting)
xarope m or f (plural xaropes)
See the etymology of the corresponding lemma form.
- inflection of xaropar:
- “xarope” in iDicionário Aulete.
- “xarope” in Dicionário infopédia da Língua Portuguesa. Porto: Porto Editora, 2003–2023.
- “xarope” in Michaelis Dicionário Brasileiro da Língua Portuguesa.
- Portuguese terms with IPA pronunciation
- Rhymes:Portuguese/ɔpi/3 syllables
- Portuguese 3-syllable words
- Portuguese terms borrowed from Arabic
- Portuguese terms derived from Arabic
- Portuguese lemmas
- Portuguese nouns
- Portuguese countable nouns
- Portuguese masculine nouns
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Portuguese colloquialisms
- Portuguese adjectives
- Portuguese non-lemma forms
- Portuguese verb forms