xiao (plural xiaos)
- Type of Chinese flute.
xiao (not comparable)
- (fiction) signifying a little one, junior, small guy, younger person. Usually is attached to a name
In Chinese-language fiction translated into English, to add a Chinese flavour (Mandarin language), some translators leave the term "xiao" untranslated, left in unaccented pinyin. This practice is similar to not translating "sifu" or "sensei"/"-san" in English-language Cantonese and Japanese fiction respectively.
- Nonstandard spelling of xiāo.
- Nonstandard spelling of xiáo.
- Nonstandard spelling of xiǎo.
- Nonstandard spelling of xiào.