See also: ZAG
zag (plural zags)
- One of a series of sharp turns or reversals.
- twist in a storyline
- 2017 August 27, Brandon Nowalk, “Game Of Thrones slows down for the longest, and best, episode of the season (newbies)”, in The Onion AV Club:
- Afterward, she returns to the Dragon Pit to announce her agreement to the truce. “The darkness is coming for us all. We will face it together. And when the Great War is over, perhaps you will remember that I chose to help, with no promises or assurances from any of you. I expect not.” The self-pity and pettiness is classic Cersei, but what a zag! It was always hard to imagine what this show looks like with all the humans on all sides temporarily working together.
- to move with a sharp turn or reversal
- I guess I zigged when I should have zagged.
- Rhymes: -aːk