zero in on
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- To adjust one's aim until precisely pointing at (a target).
- The pilot zeroed in on the bunker and launched a guided missile.
- To successfully narrow down a search for.
- We have zeroed in on the source of the problem.
- See if you can zero in on the caller.
- To concentrate or focus one's attention on (a task).
- One member of the check fraud team will zero in on the fingerprints.
- To converge on.
- At the spring sale, everyone zeroed in on the bargain clothes.
narrow down a search
concentrate or focus