Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
| Cardinal : zero
Ordinal : zeroth
zeroth (not comparable)
- (mathematics) In the first position in a sequence whose elements are numbered starting at zero; the ordinal number corresponding to zero.
- The zeroth order polynomial approximation is constant.
- Corresponding to a position preceding the first.
- A and C are in equilibrium following the Zeroth Law of Thermodynamics.
ordinal number corresponding to zero
corresponding to a position preceding the first
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked