Jump to navigation Jump to search
| Cardinal: zero|
- (UK, General New Zealand, General Australian) IPA(key): /ˈzɪəɹəʊθ/
- (US) enPR: zîrʹōth('), zēʹrōth('), IPA(key): /ˈzɪɹ(ˌ)oʊθ/, /ˈzi(ˌ)ɹoʊθ/
- Rhymes: -ɪəɹəʊθ, -iːɹəʊθ
- Hyphenation: zeroth
zeroth (not comparable)
- (mathematics) In the initial position in a sequence whose elements are numbered starting at zero; the ordinal number corresponding to zero.
- The zeroth order polynomial approximation is constant.
- Corresponding to a position preceding the first.
- A and C are in equilibrium following the Zeroth Law of Thermodynamics.
ordinal number corresponding to zero
corresponding to a position preceding the first
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked