Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Zoot
- (US, slang) A zoot suit.
- (UK, slang) A marijuana cigarette.
- (UK, slang, uncountable) PCP; phencyclidine.
- (Trinidad and Tobago, slang) A cigarette butt.
- (fandom slang) A fursuit.
- 1997, Alterskunk, “Spokesfur to appear on BBC Radio”, in alt.fan.furry (Usenet):
- I also told him about a fur meet in which we 'squicked a bunch of mundanes' by running around in a shopping mall in zoots, etc.
- 1999, Boomer the Dog, “Fursuits appear in the strangest places...”, in alt.lifestyle.furry (Usenet):
- It seems some Furries like zoots because they're the closest thing to a live anthro they can find.
- (intransitive, slang) To rush around quickly; to scoot.
- 2011, Lauren Singer, Fred and I and a Dash of Pepper, page 51:
- Lauren loves to zoot around the shopping mall. At top speed.
- 2015, David Collins, Gareth Bennett, The Little Book of Cardiff:
- As well as allowing more and more people to zoot around the city in their cars, these roads also allowed for the improvement of public transport within Cardiff.
- Dalzell, Tom; Terry Victor (2008) The Concise New Partridge Dictionary of Slang and Unconventional English (in English), London and New York: Routledge, →ISBN
- Jacob Poole (1867), William Barnes, editor, A Glossary, With some Pieces of Verse, of the old Dialect of the English Colony in the Baronies of Forth and Bargy, County of Wexford, Ireland, London: J. Russell Smith, page 82