Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Originally the trademarked name of a particular brand of sphere; perhaps from orb.
zorb (plural zorbs)
- (sports) A large, transparent, inflatable ball, inside which a person may be secured and then rolled downhill
2006, March 25, quoting Anurag Mehra, “Susmita Saha”, in A different ballgame:
- Uneven plains that are interspersed with pebbles and rocks are likely to cause punctures in the zorbs.
2008, Katrin Blumberg, “Internationalisation in adventure tourism”, in Coles & Hall, editors, International Business and Tourism, ISBN 0415424313, page 175:
- An Interlaken entrepreneur […] came across the activity in the Swiss canton of Valais (the Rhone Valley) and ended up buying the 'zorbs' from a German manufacturer.
- (sports) To roll downhill or engage in sports in a zorb ball.
2008, March 3, “David Bauder”, in What a way to start the day: TV morning hosts doing stunts:
- Vieira zorbed — that is, rolled down a hill within an inflatable ball.