Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Down a slope.
- Because we got to the summit of the mountain, we could only go downhill from there.
down a slope
- Located down a slope or hill.
- Going down a slope or a hill.
- (by extension) Easy.
- (by extension) Deteriorating, getting worse.
- After Don made those tasteless remarks, our relationship with him went downhill.
- "Easy" sense: comparative and superlative are usually made with more and most.
- "Deteriorating" sense: often used with the verb "go".
located down a slope
going down a slope
easy — see easy
- (uncountable) The fastest of the disciplines of alpine skiing.
- (countable) A rapid descent of a hill in related sports, especially in alpine skiing.
discipline of alpine skiing
alpine skiing — see alpine skiing
- To take part in downhill skiing.
downhill m (plural downhills)
- downhill (skiing)