Pictogram (象形): a kneeling person, symbolic of authority.
Note that the left vertical line extends further down than the right hook; compare some forms of 令.
Similar shapes may also be classed under this radical, though they are of independent derivation:
- Sometimes written as 㔾 (“sprout”) (e.g. 危, 卷) – this may be a traditional variant of 卩.
- In some characters (e.g. 卫, from 衛), the top stroke extends further to the left.
- The variant 卪 appears in some characters (from 巴) (e.g. 色, 邑).
Han character 
卩 (radical 26 卩+0, 2 strokes, cangjie input 尸中 (SL))
- KangXi radical 26
Derived characters 
- KangXi: page 158, character 45
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 2836
- Dae Jaweon: page 363, character 2
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 1, page 310, character 9
- Unihan data for U+5369
卩 (Yale jit3)
卩 (POJ tsiet, Guangdong tsiet7; tset7 [Bao'an])
卩 (hangeul 절, revised jeol, McCune-Reischauer chŏl)
Han character