Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (RP) IPA(key): /ˈhɜːkjəliːz/, /ˈhɜːkjʊliːz/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈhɝːkjəliːz/, /ˈhɝːkjʊliːz/
Audio (UK) (file)
- (Greek mythology) Son of Jupiter and Alcmene, a celebrated hero who possessed exceptional strength. Most famous for his 12 labours performed to redeem himself after killing his family.
- (astronomy) A summer constellation of the northern sky, said to resemble the mythical hero. It lies between the constellations Lyra and Corona Borealis.
- (astronomy) A crater in the first quadrant on the moon.
son of Jupiter