Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- IPA: /ˈmɪltən/
Proper noun 
- A habitational surname.
- A male given name derived from the surname.
- Name of many towns in Canada and the US.
- Brand name of sterilising compound for baby bottles
- Milton Keynes - large new town in England, 90km north of London.
- 1989 David Leavitt: Equal Affections. ISBN 0-670-821977 page 215:
- Herbert, Sydney, Milton, Seymour. You know, all the time I was growing up I thought those were the most ordinary Jewish first names, until someone pointed out that they were British last names. I guess to my great-grandparents those names must have sounded so modern, so sophisticated, so - non-Eastern European. And now they're just Uncle Miltie, Uncle Sy, Uncle Herb. Do other people have Uncle Donne and Uncle Wordsworth?