Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Washington, D.C.
Habitational surname from the Old English place name "settlement of (a person named) Wassa".
- George Washington, the Commander in Chief of the Continental Army of the American rebels and first President of the United States of America, from 1789 to 1797.
- Washington, D.C., the federal capital of the United States since 1800.
- (by synecdoche) The federal government or administrative authority of the United States.
- A state of the United States of America Capital: Olympia; largest city: Seattle.
- A town in the county of Tyne and Wear in the Northeast of England.
- A surname.
- A male given name popular during the first century of American independence, also in the form George Washington.
- For usage examples of this term, see the citations page.
- Appendix:Place names in Washington State
- Washington, Tyne and Wear on Wikipedia.Wikipedia:Washington, Tyne and Wear