Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈnjuːˌfaʊnd.lənd/, /ˈnjuː.fənd.lənd/, /ˈnjuː.fənd.lænd/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈn(j)uˌfaʊnd.lənd/, /ˈn(j)u.fənd.lənd/, /ˈn(j)u.fəndˌlænd/, /ˈn(j)uˌfaʊnd.lænd/
- A large island off the coast of eastern Canada, which, along with Labrador, has composed the Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador since 1949.
- (informal) The Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
Island off the the coast of Eastern Canada.
Newfoundland (plural Newfoundlands)
- A Newfoundland dog, a very large breed of working dog from Newfoundland, with a shaggy, usually black coat, known for its water rescue ability, strength, and gentle disposition.