Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Found.
- 1 English
- Food and lodging, board.
1872, James De Mille, The Cryptogram, edition HTML, The Gutenberg Project, published 2009:
- I'll only give you the usual payment--say five hundred dollars a year, and found." / "And--what?" / "Found--that is, board, you know, and clothing, of course, also.
- simple past tense and past participle of
to begin building
to start organization
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- Oxford Online Dictionary, found
- WordNet 3.1: A Lexical Database for English, Princeton University
- (transitive) To melt, especially of metal in an industrial setting.
- (transitive) To form by melting a metal and pouring it into a mould; to cast.
- Whereof to found their engines.
melt — see melt
found (plural founds)