Wiktionary:Votes/sy-2012-04/User:Chuck Entz for admin
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
User:Chuck Entz for admin
- Nomination: I hereby nominate Chuck Entz (talk • contribs) as a local English Wiktionary Administrator. Chuck has been a trusted editor here for some time and already fights vandalism and stupidity by using the "undo" feature. SemperBlotto (talk) 11:09, 23 April 2012 (UTC)
- Vote starts: as soon as the nomination is accepted
- Vote ends: 24:00, 8 May 2012 (UTC)
- Acceptance: I accept the nomination, and will give it my best effort if confirmed.
- Languages: en, de-1, es-1, fr-1, grc-1, la-1,(sub-1: he,ang,it,cmn,others)
- Timezone: UTC-8/7
- Support Ƿidsiþ 11:15, 23 April 2012 (UTC) Looks good to me.
- Support Matthias Buchmeier (talk) 14:59, 23 April 2012 (UTC) Matthias Buchmeier (talk) 14:59, 23 April 2012 (UTC)
- Support, as long as he/she accepts. Mglovesfun (talk) 15:04, 23 April 2012 (UTC)
- Support —RuakhTALK 18:38, 24 April 2012 (UTC)
- Support --Μετάknowledgediscuss/deeds 00:03, 25 April 2012 (UTC)
- Support. Seems like a fine candidate for the mop. bd2412 T 16:49, 1 May 2012 (UTC)
- Support Ultimateria (talk) 20:12, 7 May 2012 (UTC)
- Abstain -Atelaes λάλει ἐμοί 23:33, 1 May 2012 (UTC) Having had some extended contact with Chuck, he certainly has the right attitude, and is quite capable of learning what he needs to know. However, as a general rule, I feel uncomfortable handing the buttons to users this new (started in late January). -Atelaes λάλει ἐμοί 23:33, 1 May 2012 (UTC)
- This user has been at Wiktionary since 2010. --Μετάknowledgediscuss/deeds 01:05, 6 May 2012 (UTC)
- He does have a point, though: I popped in to make one edit, then popped out for a year and a half. I've only been active here since January.
- I'm not approaching this as a popularity contest or a referendum on me, personally. If not confirmed this time, I'll just wait until I have more of a track record and try again. I like it here, and want to help out. Being an admin would make it easier to do that- but not being an admin wouldn't stop me or turn me off on this place.
- Atelaes' concerns are perfectly valid (stated very tactfully, I might add). I had already decided that I would limit my actions to those where I've had a chance to see how it's normally done here and understand the reasons behind what we do. There are an awful lot of no-brainer things like reverting vandalism and deleting spam/total nonsense to keep me busy until I get up to speed on all the other stuff.
- However the vote may go, though, there will be no hard feelings on my part. Chuck Entz (talk) 03:28, 6 May 2012 (UTC)