Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
adjunct (plural adjuncts)
- An appendage; something attached to something else in a subordinate capacity.
- Learning is but an adjunct to our self.
- A person associated with another, usually in a subordinate position; a colleague.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Wotton to this entry?)
- (grammar) A dispensable phrase in a clause or sentence that amplifies its meaning, such as "for a while" in "I typed for a while".
- (rhetoric) Symploce.
- (dated, metaphysics) A quality or property of the body or mind, whether natural or acquired, such as colour in the body or judgement in the mind.
- (music) A key or scale closely related to another as principal; a relative or attendant key.