Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also Affix
affix (plural affixes)
- That which is affixed; an appendage.
- (linguistics) A bound morpheme added to a word’s stem; formerly applied only to suffixes (also called postfixes), the term as now used comprises prefixes, suffixes, infixes, circumfixes, and suprafixes.
- (mathematics) The complex number associated to the point in the Gauss Plane with coordinates .
- (linguistics: bound morpheme added to a word’s stem): nonaffix
Coordinate terms 
that which is affixed
linguistics: a bound morpheme added to a word’s stem
mathematics: the complex number associated to a point
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- To attach.
- Affix (linguistics and mathematics)
- an affix