Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- approx. (abbreviation)
- (General American) IPA(key): /əˈpɹɑk.sɪ.mət.li/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /əˈpɹɒk.sɪ.mət.li/
- Hyphenation: ap‧prox‧i‧mate‧ly
approximately (not comparable)
- Imprecise but close to in quantity or amount.
- In every box of matches there are approximately 40 matchsticks.
- Per 100g of chocolate there are approximately 11.6g of saturated fat.
- ...approximately 60 beats per minute.
imprecise but close to in quantity or amount