Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- or as in French
- Homophone: bandeaux
- A band for the hair.
- She wore a bandeau in her hair.
- 2002, Raoul d'Harcourt, Textiles of Ancient Peru and Their Techniques
- Fragment of a wool cap, of which only the bandeau is well preserved. It is made in square knotting in alternate directions (see Fig. 79).
- (medicine) A band.
- 1998, AANS Publications Committee: Setti S. Rengachary, MD, and Edward C. Benzel, MD, Calvarial and Dural Reconstruction: Neurosurgical Topics
- 1999, Bill C. Terry, Maxime Champy, Franz Härle, et al, Atlas of Craniomaxillofacial Osteosynthesis: miniplates, microplates, and screws
- The supraorbital bandeau is fixed to the nasal structure by a titanium [...]
- This bandeau is fixed by microplates. The median bone strip is fixed to the [...]
- A brassiere, especially when narrow or strapless; a top made from a narrow band of fabric.
bandeau m (plural bandeaux)