Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Brevet
brevet (plural brevets)
- A military document entitling a commissioned officer to hold a higher rank temporarily, but without an increase in pay.
- A warrant from the government, granting a privilege, title, or dignity, as in France.
- An organized, long-distance bicycle ride — not a race, but a test of endurance — which follows a designated but unmarked route passing through check points.
- To promote by brevet.
- singular definite of brev
brevet m (plural brevets)
- (law) a patent
- definite singular of brev