Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also Broken
- Past participle of break
- Fragmented, in separate pieces.
- (of a body part) Having the bone in pieces, fractured.
- My arm is broken
- (of a line) Dashed, made up of short lines with small gaps between each one and the next.
- (of skin) Split or ruptured.
- A dog bit my leg and now the skin is broken.
- Not working properly.
- I think my shaver is broken.
- Completely defeated and dispirited.
- The bankruptcy and divorce, together with the death of his son, left him completely broken.
- (pejorative, of language) Grammatically non-standard, especially as a result of being a non-native speaker.
- Having no money, bankrupt, broke.
- (of an electronic connection) Disconnected, no longer open or carrying traffic.
- (software, informal) Badly designed or implemented.
- This is the most broken application I've seen in a long time.
- (meteorology, of the sky) Five-eighths to seven-eighths obscured by clouds.
- Tomorrow broken skies.
- (sports and gaming, of a tactic or option) overpowered
- (colloquial, US, of a situation) Not having gone in the way intended; saddening.
- Oh man! That is just broken!
Usage notes 
- Nouns to which "broken" is often applied: glass, vase, cup, mirror, window, bone, wing, leg, arm, hand, foot, egg, tool, sword, column, road, bridge, stick, device, machine, camera, TV, car, computer, promise, vow, law, trust, dream, relationship, friendship, love, family, marriage, bond, tie, silence, ground, land, circle, image, language, spirit, soul.
Related terms 
having the bone in pieces, fractured
of a line: dashed
of skin: split or ruptured
not working properly
completely defeated and dispirited
having no money
of software: badly designed or implemented
meteorology: five eighths to seven eighths obscured by clouds
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked