Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (dated, countable) calculation, computation
- (countable, mathematics) Any formal system in which symbolic expressions are manipulated according to fixed rules.
- lambda calculus
- predicate calculus
- (uncountable, often definite, the calculus) Differential calculus and integral calculus considered as a single subject; analysis.
- (countable, medicine) A stony concretion that forms in a bodily organ.
- renal calculus ( = kidney stone)
- (uncountable, dentistry) Deposits of calcium phosphate salts on teeth.
- (countable) A decision-making method, especially one appropriate for a specialised realm.
2008 Dec 16, “Cameron calls for bankers’ ‘day of reckoning’”, Financial Times:
- The Tory leader refused to state how many financiers he thought should end up in jail, saying: “There is not some simple calculus."
formal mathematical system
differential calculus and integral calculus considered as a single subject
stony concretion in an organ
deposits on teeth
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.