Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A fruit of the coconut palm (not a true nut), Cocos nucifera, having a fibrous husk surrounding a large seed.
- A hard-shelled seed of this fruit, having white flesh and a fluid-filled central cavity.
- (uncountable) The edible white flesh of this fruit.
- The coconut palm.
- (pejorative, ethnic slur) A Hispanic or dark-skinned person who acts “white” (Caucasian), alluding to the fact that a coconut is brown on the outside and white on the inside. Compare banana (“East Asian who acts white”).
- (South Africa, pejorative) A black person who thinks "white" (European). Compare banana (“East Asian who acts white”).
- (New Zealand, pejorative) A Pacific islander.
- (slang) A female breast.
fruit of coco palm
edible flesh of coconut seed
coconut palm — see coconut palm
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.