Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also Collage
- (UK) IPA: /kɒlˈɑːʒ/, /kəˈlɑːʒ/, /ˈkɒl.ɑːʒ/
- (US) enPR: kə-läzh', kō-läzh', IPA: /kəˈlɑʒ/, /koʊˈlɑʒ/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (US) (file)
collage (plural collages)
- A picture made by sticking other pictures onto a surface.
- A composite object or collection (abstract or concrete) created by the assemblage of various media; especially for a work of art such as text, film, etc..
- "Richard Brautigan's novel So the Wind Won't Blow It All Away is a collage of memories."
- (uncountable) The technique of producing such a work of art that is a collage.
picture made by sticking other pictures onto a surface
composite object or collection
art: technique of producing such a work of art
- (transitive) To make into a collage.
- IPA: /kɔlaʒ/
collage m (plural collages)