Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Plural form of custom
- The Ancient Egyptian culture had many distinctive and interesting beliefs and customs.
- (plural only) The duties or taxes imposed on imported or exported goods.
- We had to pay customs of £200 on all the wine we took back from France.
- (singular) The government department or agency that is authorised to collect the taxes imposed on imported goods.
- We got pulled over by customs on our way back from France - we only had 200 bottles of wine - it was so unfair.
Plural: see custom
The duties or taxes imposed on imported or exported goods
The government department or agency that is authorised to collect the taxes imposed on imported goods
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked