Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: démise
demise (plural demises)
- (law) The conveyance or transfer of an estate, either in fee for life or for years, most commonly the latter.
- Transmission by formal act or conveyance to an heir or successor; transference; especially, the transfer or transmission of the crown or royal authority to a successor.
- end (less common, usually in a negative manner)
- The lack of funding ultimately led to the demise of the project.
the conveyance or transfer of an estate, either in fee for life or for years
transmission by formal act or conveyance to an heir or successor
death — See also translations at : death
- (transitive, obsolete, law) To give.
- (transitive, law) To convey, as by will or lease.
- (transitive, law) To transmit by inheritance.
- (intransitive, law) To pass by inheritance.
- (intransitive) To die.