Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
dome (plural domes)
- (architecture) A structural element resembling the hollow upper half of a sphere; a cupola.
- Anything shaped like an upset bowl, often used as a cover.
- a cake dome
- (slang) head (including the meaning 'oral sex')
- Was he in trouble, half a ton of rubble landed on the top of his dome. - Myles Rudge, "Right Said Fred"
- I got 5 Georgia homes where I rest my Georgia bones, Come anywhere on my land and I'll aim at your Georgia dome.- Ludacris
- Put your mouth on a dick, give me Georgia Dome -- Ying Yang Twins, "Georgia Dome"
- (obsolete, poetic) A building; a house; an edifice.
- Alexander Pope
- Approach the dome, the social banquet share.
- Alexander Pope
- Any erection resembling the dome or cupola of a building, such as the upper part of a furnace, the vertical steam chamber on the top of a boiler, etc.
- (crystallography) A prism formed by planes parallel to a lateral axis which meet above in a horizontal edge, like the roof of a house; also, one of the planes of such a form.
anything shaped like an upset bowl
dome f (5th declension)
- (often plural) council (legislative or administrative organ)
- pilsētas dome, domes — city council
- domes vēlēšanas — city council elections
- Valsts Dome(s) — State Duma (Russian Legislative Body)
Declension of dome (5th declension)
- ^ “doma” in Konstantīns Karulis (1992, 2001), Latviešu Etimoloģijas Vārdnīca, in 2 vols, Rīga: AVOTS, ISBN: 9984-700-12-7
- first-person singular present subjunctive of domar
- third-person singular present subjunctive of domar
- third-person singular imperative of domar
- Formal second-person singular (usted) imperative form of domar.
- First-person singular (yo) present subjunctive form of domar.
- Formal second-person singular (usted) present subjunctive form of domar.
- Third-person singular (él, ella, also used with usted?) present subjunctive form of domar.
- dative singular of