Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Directed vertically; coming straight down.
- Directly to the point; plain; unambiguous; unevasive.
- Using plain direct language; accustomed to express opinions directly and bluntly; blunt.
- Complete; absolute; utter.
Derived terms 
downright (not comparable)
- Really; actually; quite; thoroughly; utterly.
- He wasn't just cool to me, he was downright rude.
- Straight down; perpendicularly.
- Without delay; at once.
- She fell downright into a fit.