Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
ferrite (plural ferrites)
- The interstitial solid solution of carbon in body-centered cubic iron.
1928, Lawrence R. Bourne, chapter 4, Well Tackled!:
- Technical terms like ferrite, perlite, graphite, and hardenite were bandied to and fro, and when Paget glibly brought out such a rare exotic as ferro-molybdenum, Benson forgot that he was a master ship-builder, […]
- Any of a class of metal oxides which show ferrimagnetism; used in transformers, inductors, antennas, recording heads, microwave devices, motors and loudspeakers.
- (inorganic chemistry) The anion FeO22-, and any of the salts (formally derived from the unknown ferrous acid) derived from it.
ferrite f (plural ferriti)
- ferrite (class of iron oxides)