Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ʊə(ɹ)
- Not fully formed or developed, unripe, not mature.
- Childish in behavior, not mature.
- You're only young once, but you can be immature the rest of your life.
- The man was immature for throwing a tantrum.
not fully formed
immature (plural immatures)
- An immature member of a species.
2001, DE Walter, H Proctor, & RA Norton, Acarology: Proceedings of the 10th International Congress, ISBN 064309850X, page 51:
- There are many genera and even families of Brachypylina for which immatures are not yet known, and thus numerous examples of adult convergence and misclassification remain to be revealed: such is the case with Hypozetes.
immature f pl
- feminine plural of