Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- longe (US)
lunge (plural lunges)
- A sudden forward movement, especially with a sword.
2010 December 28, Kevin Darlin, “West Brom 1 - 3 Blackburn”, BBC:
- A moment of madness from double goalscorer Kalinic put Rovers' fate back in the balance when the Croat caught Scharner with a late, dangerous lunge and was shown a straight red card by referee Phil Dowd.
- A long rope or flat web line, more commonly referred to as a lunge line, approximately 20-30 feet long, attached to the bridle, lungeing cavesson, or halter of a horse and is used to control the animal while lungeing.
- An exercise performed by stepping forward one leg while kneeling with the other leg, then returning back to a standing position.
- A fish, the namaycush.
long rope — see lunge line
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- To make a sudden forward movement (present participle: lunging).
- To longe or work a horse in a circle around a handler (present participle: lunging or lungeing).
to make a sudden movement
to work a horse in a circle around a handler