Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- evil or malignant in disposition, nature, intent or influence.
Related terms 
- (transitive) To make defamatory statements about; to slander or traduce.
- To be envied and shot at; to be maligned standing, and to be despised falling.
- (transitive, archaic) To treat with malice; to show hatred toward; to abuse; to wrong.
- The people practice what mischiefs and villainies they will against private men, whom they malign by stealing their goods, or murdering them.
- See also Wikisaurus:defame