Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: mid
- Denoting the middle part.
2013 June 29, “Unspontaneous combustion”, The Economist, volume 407, number 8842, page 29:
- Since the mid-1980s, when Indonesia first began to clear its bountiful forests on an industrial scale in favour of lucrative palm-oil plantations, “haze” has become an almost annual occurrence in South-East Asia.
- He's in his mid-thirties (meaning he is roughly around the age of 33-37, as opposed to one's early thirties — aged roughly 30-33 — and one's late thirties — aged roughly around 37-39).
- He was born in the mid-1930s.
- Occupying a middle position.
- a mid-shoulder stretch
- During, in the middle of doing something.
- He was hit by a ball mid-jump.
- with, in conjunction with; together (with)
- Denoting the middle part
- midstrēam "midstream"
- Occupying a middle position
- midspreca "an advocate, intermediary"
- mid-, middle