Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also During
- (RP) IPA: /ˈdjʊəɹɪŋ/, X-SAMPA: /"djU@rIN/
- (GenAm) IPA: /ˈdʊəɹɪŋ/, /ˈdʒʊəɹɪŋ/, X-SAMPA: /"dU@rIN/, /"dZU@rIN/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ʊərɪŋ
- Hyphenation: dur‧ing
- For all of a given time interval.
- I lived with my parents during the 1970's.
- The shop was one of the few able to stay open during the war.
- At any time or period within a given time interval.
- I lived with my parents at several points during the 1980's.
- Many of the best examples were produced during the Restoration.
for all of a given time interval
within a given time interval
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Related terms 
- Present participle of dure.