Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (of a fire) to extinguish, to put out
- (of light) to switch off
- (of thirst) to quench
- (of milk) to curdle
- to slake (lime, compound of calcium)
- (slang) to criticize, to flame (for fun, maybe only on the speaker's side, maybe both)
- (put out): elolt, kiolt
- (switch off lights): elolt, leolt, lekapcsol, lecsuk
- (milk, lime): beolt
- (criticize): leolt, oltogat
From the archaic avik (“to intrude”).
Middle Low German
- old (less common spelling marking the morphology)
- Alternative form of (old).