Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
one-shot (not comparable)
- Needing only a single attempt to become effective.
- (television) A television programme that is not part of a series.
- (film) A cinematographic shot of a person talking to camera; a talking head.
- (electronics) A monostable multivibrator.
- A type of long-lasting paint.
- (music) A music sample that is played without immediate repetition.
- (Can we verify(+) this sense?) (video games) A headshot, especially in first-person shooters, or a single-hit kill in most RPGs.
- (literature) A story of only one chapter.