Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (biology) Decsribes an insect (especially a bee) which collects pollen from the flowers of a variety of unrelated plants.
- (grammar) Describes a term consisting of more than one word.
- A polylectic term is a multi-word term, as opposed to a monolectic term which is a one-word term.
- (grammatical): periphrastic
- OED 2006
- (biology): Animal-behavior desk reference : a dictionary of animal behavior, ecology, and evolution, Edward M. Barrows, London:CRC Press 2001.