Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- I sit before or in front of.
- I sit beforehand.
- I guard, watch, protect, defend.
- I preside over, have the care or management of, direct, command, control, govern, superintend.
- This verb has only limited passive conjugation; only third-person passive forms are attested in surviving sources.
Conjugation of praesideo (second conjugation, active only)
- praesideo in Charlton T. Lewis & Charles Short, A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1879