Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -iːvə(r)
receiver (plural receivers)
- A person who or thing that receives or is intended to receive something.
- A trustee appointed to hold and administer property involved in litigation.
- A person appointed to settle the affairs of an insolvent entity.
- A person who accepts stolen goods.
- Any of several electronic devices that receive signals and convert them into sound or vision.
- (American football) An offensive player who catches the ball after it has been passed.
- (tennis) A person who attempts to return the ball after it has been served.
- An element of a mechanical or other system or device designed to accept another element.
- recipient (more formal, usually referring to one who receives such things as an award or medal)
person who receives
person appointed to settle financial affairs
person who buys stolen goods
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.